July 2018 Winning Drama 1st Scene Screenplay.
Matthew Toffolo: What is your screenplay about?
Jim Norman: A BLACK, FEMALE HIGH SCHOOL BASKETBALL STAR SEES HER DREAMS OF AN ATHLETIC SCHOLARSHIP FADE WHEN HER FATHER’S CORPORATE PROMOTION MAKES HER FAMILY MOVE FROM HOUSTON TO A SMALL NORTH DAKOTA TOWN WITH A HORRIBLE BASKETBALL TEAM.
2. What genres does your screenplay fall under?
COMING OF AGE FAMILY DRAMA
3. Why should this screenplay be made into a movie?
IT DEALS WITH A NUMBER OF ISSUES THAT FACE TODAY’S TEENAGERS AND YOUNG ADULTS: RACE, SEXUAL PREFERENCE, BULLYING AND FRIENDSHIPS. IT PORTRAYS THE CHALLENGES EVEN A SUCCESSFUL BLACK FAMILY MUST COPE WITH.
4. How would you describe this script in two words?
5. What movie have you seen the most times in your life?
THE GODFATHER I & II
6. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
FROM LOGLINE TO…
View original post 369 more words