Genre: Drama, Action/Adventure
April Taub is no-one’s nice Jewish girl. Although it is the 1960’s, Vietnam is still not much more than a dark twinkle in Robert Menzies’ eye and April doesn’t give a flying fundament about peace, pot or flower-power.
Get to know the writer:
1. What is your screenplay about?
Deep in the Australian outback a nice Jewish girl — or is she? — goes undercover, locating and brutally unmasking the SS agents who murdered her family in the Holocaust.
2. What genres does your screenplay fall under?
Action, Adventure, Drama
3. Why should this screenplay be made into a movie?
It is a post-war Australian story that moves between international crimes and personal dramas. It is a narrative that doesn’t shy away from portraying the realities of obscene persecution and murder. And it is an original take on the tragedy of the Holocaust which became a whirlwind of blood and slaughter. Almost nothing is known about the Australian aspect of the Holocaust so it should be out there.
4. How would you describe this script in two words?
5. What movie have you seen the most times in your life?
6. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
7. How many stories have you written?
I have had 4 novels published
8. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the most times in your life?)
9. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
I was time poor and also, people kept saying, ‘Not another Holocaust story!’
10. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
11. You entered your screenplay via FilmFreeway. What has been your experiences working with the submission platform site?
Producer: Matthew Toffolo http://www.matthewtoffolo.com
Director: Matthew Toffolo
Casting Director: Sean Ballantyne
Editor: Kimberly Villarruel
Camera Op: Mary Cox